Sunday, July 8, 2012

Baby Steps

My baby is almost ONE!  Only one more week to go, and her age will no longer be counted in months...but in years.  Crazy, crazy, crazy.  Her due date was July 9th, and she was almost a whole week late! Silly girl.  She was just as stubborn then as she is now!  I am loving every minute spent with this little one.  She has such a fun personality.  She makes people laugh wherever we go.  

Today she did something pretty amazing....she took a couple tiny steps!! ON HER OWN! Jon and I were finishing up hanging some things on the wall in Charleigh's room, and there she was standing, looking around (which she has been doing for quite a while now).  I had a good sized picture frame in my hand that she seemed interested in, so I put it out in front of her and when she went to grab it I placed it just out of her reach (cruel, I know...but I wanted to see those little feet move so badly!).  And they did!  I saw one tiny step and got so excited...I yelled and Jonny who was hanging something on the wall.  He was bummed he missed it-so I tried again-and she took 3 steps this time! AHHH! I was smiling so big and screaming!  Then I tried AGAIN and she took a couple more small steps and decided that she was done for the day :) I am so happy I got to see her take these first steps, and that it was with our little family on a Sunday afternoon.  I was so worried I wouldn't get to see her first steps, with going to work and all-and I knew it was going to happen soon.  I even joked around with Jenna (who is watching Char) to push her over if she thought Charleigh was going to take any steps without me there! HA! (...I was serious) :) 
YAY!  
And, yes, I did inform Jenna of this-so she won't be pushing my child over if she decides to walk a little ;)

Jill, Laney and Garre are coming to the beach Tuesday (along with Gramma and Pop Pop)!!! THIS TUESDAY! I am bummed I have to work-but I will still get to enjoy some of their company, and get to hang out with them this weekend for Charleigh Grace's FIRST BIRTHDAY!! Laney is so excited to play with baby "Chayee" and build a sandcastle with Uncle Jon Jon boy.  LOTS OF PICTURES COMING YOUR WAY! :)


1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see you guys Saturday for the party! I'm looking forward to the "lots of pictures coming"!!!!!

    ReplyDelete