
And I wish I had more of it! God is really testing me on this one lately! I have no patience whatsoever! I want to know things NOW, I want things to happen NOW, and I DON'T WANT TO WAIT! NOW, NOW, NOW! I'm beginning to sound like Veruca from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. "But I want it NOW!" And because of this I see how ridiculous I am sometimes with my impatience. This has been something I've struggled with my whole life-but God has taught me some good lessons through learning patience. Some being very difficult to come to terms with, and others becoming bits of knowledge that have helped me along the way. The one thing I tell myself over and over is that "God knows what is best for my life-He will do what is right for me. He knows what will be best in the long run." I know this to be true with all my heart and I constantly pray for God to give me peace about certain situations-but then an hour later my mind is buzzing with all the same confusions, impatience, and trying to figure out answers or solutions! It's not that I don't trust Him with my life, it's that I have a hard time letting go completely....of not knowing what is going to happen. I have learned that when this occurs I need to just take a breath....close my eyes....and lift it all up to God again, and again, and again.... This has been a constant battle with me this past week...but I know God is teaching me the virtue of patience. I pray that I will begin to possess this quality more than I have in the past.
....thank you for reading my ramblings....
Veruca - Let me share my devotional from this morning with you:
ReplyDeleteHaving the ability to wait well requires:
1) Humility "As the eyes of servants look to the hand of their masters..so our eyes look to the Lord" Psalm 123:2
2) Trust "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding" Proverbs 3:5
3) Expectation "My soul, wait silently for God alone, for my expectation is from Him."
Eugene Peterson writes: "In prayer, we are aware that God is in action, and that when the circumstances are ready, when others are in the right place, and when our hearts are prepared, He will call us into action. Waiting in prayer is a disciplined refusal to act before God acts." So the word for you today is, "Learn to wait well, it's the master attitude!"
Hope it speaks to you....
Love ya,
Kelly
I know how you feel! I struggle with the same thing! Thank you for sharing!
ReplyDeleteMy Jenny. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who struggles with patience! I've been tested too, but just like you said: God knows what is best. Not only WHAT, but WHEN. I don't know why he made Matt and I wait for almost a year to get pregnant, but I can tell you, she was well worth the wait. Maybe He wanted me to hand over the control, or maybe He just wanted me to appreciate this gift even more than I would have if it had happened on the first try. It's always easier to talk about patience when you're looking back on a situation, so you're on the right track if you're acknowledging it now.
ReplyDeleteLove you Jennifer Leigh.
Jenny, never wish for more patience. That is when God gives your MORE things to be patient for. More then likely, those "things" will involve me. So keep your wishes to yourself. ;)
ReplyDeleteJenna, maybe God didn't want our kids so far apart. That could be why you had to wait a year. Food for thought.