Saturday, September 17, 2011

Moving Day


Beach Bound!

Charleigh in her teeny bikini


I have been putting this post off for a while now. Maybe it's because I've been in denial...or maybe it's because I didn't realize how quickly this day was approaching. But here it goes...


 My husband has been job hunting for quite a while now. A job opportunity came up in June...but we decided not to pursue that avenue because I was 8 months pregnant and not wanting to relocate. It would've been a mess trying to find a new doctor that late and get acquainted with a new place with my hormones raging! And add on top of that not having the support of my family for the first couple weeks of being a new mommy...not good. Let's just say I wouldn't have been a happy camper. I am so thankful that Jon thought about all these things and really thought about me before jumping into such a big move for us. So that all said we decided to stay in Visalia and Jon kept up with his job hunting. Soon I had my beautiful baby girl and we were very happy about our decision to stay where we were. However, a couple weeks after Charleigh arrived Jon was given a second chance/opportunity. We really had to sit down and pray about our decision. We knew God would lead us in the right direction and to make the right choice. But I have to admit that eventhough I knew the right choice in my heart-I really fought it the whole way. Our choice? To move...2 1/2 hours west. Where does 2 1/2 hours west take you? Right into the heart of the central coast. Jon accepted a position in San Luis Obispo. He will be working for a company that sells software to major car dealerships. Although I don't know much about the job description, I do know that it has something to do with tech support. And a bonus about the job? He'll be working closely with one of his best friends Matt Sarr (Jenna from Jenna Sarr Blog's hubby). I am thankful for the opportunity that has been given to us. If he hadn't found anything by now I would have to be working full time and would not be able to stay home with my baby. So when taking a step back and looking at the while picture I know this is the right step for us...and that it really is where God wants us right now. We prayed A LOT about this decision and all the doors seemed to open right up for us (eventhough I didn't want to admit it).

This whole moving process has made me realize that I really get emotionally attached to the places I live...or maybe just this one in particular. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that this place we live in right now is our first place together. Jon moved in right before we were married...and once hitched I joined him :) We have made so many memories here with eachother! Getting married....figuring one another out and how this marriage thing works...to then starting a family and having baby Charleigh! So many crazy, wonderful times!

One of the saddest things I am leaving behind is Charleigh's room. We spent so much time and care in making it just right for her arrival! (...and she didn't even get to sleep in it! Haha...) I have taken many pictures of the room to share with her when she gets older...and to also keep as memories for Jon and I. I couldn't have asked for a better "first place" for us to begin our lives together. This house will always hold a special place in my heart. We have gone through a lot of changes these last two years in this space.

If walls could talk these walls would tell you a story of a handsome young man and his wife. The excitement that exuded from them as they began their journey together. How deeply they loved one another and tried their hardest to live a life of love, faith and respect. They would tell of how much fun the two had with one another...dancing in the kitchen while making dinner, sharing their deepest secrets, passions, hopes and fears with eachother, and their ability to fight-but apologize quickly for their behavior (hey...no one's perfect) ;). They would re-tell of how excited the man and his wife were upon expecting their first child! All the preparations and love that went into this little one. The love for their baby and how when she finally arrived the thankfulness they had for the wonderful gift of a child. But most importantly these walls would tell of this couples' faith. Faith that God would always be there for them, provide for them, comfort them, and lead them where He wanted them to be. And it was this faith that ultimately led them away from these walls and into another grand adventure. 

This is a bitter sweet move. I am excited for the new journey ahead...but sad to be away from the "familiar". Sad to be leaving family and friends. I know it is not THAT far away...but it's definitely not a quick 5 minute drive. I have lived away from home before...but this feels different. I think this is because I have Charleigh now. With her I want to be around my family more. I want to be in the comfortable/familiar zone. But with this move we will be in new territory. Luckily we do know a handful of people over there. And my Mom has promised to visit often :). And when I think about it more...is this really the worst place to be moving to?! Ha...ummmm no. The beach is 3 miles away from our new home...and the weather is pretty fantastic all year round. I will, however, miss fall here. I LOVE when the trees change colors and the air gets cold and crisp. But again, I have to remember that I will be making frequent trips back to see family and friends. Visalia will always be where my heart belongs. Yeah, I know...some of you think I'm crazy that I don't want to leave here for the coast. But I have been away from Visalia before when I went to college. I couldn't wait to get outta this town! Little did I know that I would come to love this town and really appreciate where I grew up. I think Dorothy puts it best...."there's no place like home."

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel...it's bitter-sweet to move away from home! I took a long time to adjust because it was hard to go from "known" to "unknown" But it's good you have Jenna! And for Chris and I, we grew super close and I think our marriage is stronger because we really depended on each other! I think this will be a good thing for you guys especially since you get to stay home with your little beauty! I'll miss seeing you guys but I'll be keeping you in my prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, just so you know... I had to read this in three settings because I couldn't see through my tears. And you know, I DON'T CRY!

    I'm so proud of your commitment to hear God and follow his leading. I know He will continue to bless you and your beautiful family as you continue to glorify Him.

    Can't wait to visit you at the beach!

    ReplyDelete