**DISCLAIMER: You have to like the taste of plain pumpkin to enjoy this recipe...AND the taste/texture of Steel Cut Oats.(Both of which I enjoy). The real test was to see if Jon would like it...and he did!**
Ok, so here is the long awaited recipe! If you decide to make it let me know what you thought! :)
Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal
(About 8 Servings)
Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 Cups Steel Cut Oats (I usually go to WinCo and get the amount I want from the bins in the back...way cheaper than any other brand out there)
- 1 15oz can of pumpkin (it says not to use pumpkin pie filling...but I may try it next time anyway because it already has the spices included in it and is a bit sweeter than regular pumpkin)
- 1 1/2 Cups milk of your choice
- 3 1/2 Cups water
- 1/4 Cup maple syrup (I personally don't like maple flavoring so I substituted this with plain ol brown sugar..you could also use agave or honey.
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice ( I didn't have this on hand so I used a little all spice, nutmeg, and cloves mixed together...pretty much the same thing!)
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
Pour all ingredients in your crock pot, whisk together, cover with lid and set temperature to low. Let cook between 6-8 hours. In the morning all you have to do is grab a bowl and dig in!
*I stirred in a spoonful of brown sugar and a little more cinnamon with
my helping...and so did Jon. I thought it needed that extra
sweetness-but it depends on the person! I usually like a lot of brown
sugar in my regular oatmeal :) *
So that's it! Pretty easy recipe! Hope you all try it out and let me know how you liked it! Bon Appetit!







No comments:
Post a Comment