Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I love my job

I've had a lot of time on my hands in this rocking chair of mine...and therefore have had a lot of time to think. I realized that I am a little insecure in telling people that I am a "stay at home mom". I know this may sound silly, but I think I have finally gotten to the root of my problem. I went to college and worked my butt off to get a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Business Management. And when I tell people that I stay at home now I feel like they just see me as some uneducated girl who knows nothing else. I think it also stems from paying a lot of money to go to a private school and get said degree. I want to work-I really do enjoy it...but I want it to be a job that I love! And right now the job I love is being a mommy to my little girl. I think I would be miserable anywhere else. However, the future still lingers in my mind...

Right out of college I worked for a company that shall remain nameless...::cough::enterprise rent-a-car::cough::....and I absolutely hated it! I have never regretted my decision of leaving that place. And it was then that I really had to re-think what I wanted to do with my career goals. As of now I really am enjoying being at home with Charleigh. But I know the day will come, whether it be sooner or later is a toss up, when I will want to go back to work. Before Charleigh was born I was a substitute teacher for Visalia Unified. The first year of that was a little rough...having to take every job thrown at me. But during my second year I began to really fall in love with the job. I could pick the assignments I wanted, was requested to be in the classrooms and at the schools that I enjoyed, and I was beginning to get the hang of it! I then began to re-think my career choice. Is teaching the profession for me? Or should I give the business world another shot? Who knows! I know God will eventually show me the way...but as of now He has opened all the doors for me to stay at home.

What the future holds....we shall see. Until then I am going to love my job, and not get so down on myself for telling people that I stay at home. I am thankful that I got to go to a wonderful college, get an amazing education, and meet awesome people. And I don't know how those working moms do it. I have a hard enough time juggling all the house chores and little one without a job...So keep up the good work all you mommys out there! It's a hard job-harder than people realize (until they have kids of their own...or are rich and have "mannys/nannys" ;)). And thank you to my mom-who worked throughout our childhood so we could have amazing opportunities of our own. I don't know how you did it mom-but you did a WONDERFUL job! Thank you for everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment