Saturday, June 25, 2011

38 Weeks



Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along: 38 weeks

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 27 lbs

Maternity Clothes: Only when I'm wearing clothes...(TMI?) :) It has been SOO hot that I have chosen to mostly wear a t-shirt and underwear around the house. Or my "bading" suit when I go to my parents (and yes-I am still wearing my bikini...I think if I tried a one piece suit I would end up looking like one of those WWF wrestlers-and not in a good way).

Sleep: Not so well...but I can't really complain because up until now I have slept pretty darn well. Last night I was so uncomfortable that I finally trudged my way to the recliner in the living room and slept on and off there for a couple hours. How is it that I can fall asleep anytime during the DAY-but once night-time hits I am wide awake!?

Best Moment this week: Feeling the accomplishment of finally finishing her nursery! The only thing we are waiting on is baby! :) I will post some pictures of it soon.

Gender: GIRL!

Movement: I feel any and every movement from this little girl. But I try not to complain (even when it hurts!) because I'd rather feel her move a ton than not at all. I love feeling her move around-and I know I won't be able to feel this once she is here, so I'm soaking it all up-even if she is pushing her booty into my tummy and her toes into my ribs. :)

Food Cravings: Food lately has become not so appetizing. (WHAT!?) I know, I know, I am a food LOVER-but lately from the heat and from her pushing against my tummy I just don't LOVE eating at the moment. Don't worry...I'm sure my appetite will come back with a vengeance once she is born.

Food Aversions: Depends on the day...especially if it is hot. Not a fan of the heat lately.

How's Mama? I'm doing good. Excited for the "Big Day". I am beginning to get anxious not knowing when she wants to arrive-but I guess that adds to the excitement of it all! :)

What I am looking forward to: Holding our baby in my arms...and seeing her Daddy hold her for the first time :)

Our Baby in Veggie/Fruit Terms: Baby Foley is a watermelon!

The last bits of vernix caseosa (the white goo keeping baby's skin moist) and lanugo (downy hair) are slowly shedding into your amniotic fluid. Baby's head is about the same circumference as her abdomen, and her head could be covered in an inch or so of hair.


No comments:

Post a Comment