Sunday, June 19, 2011

Pregnancy thus far

I can honestly say that I have thoroughly enjoyed being pregnant. Yes, it looks like I shoved a watermelon under my shirt-but I love it. I am going to be a wee bit sad when this little girl decides to show up (a WEE bit). And this is only because I have enjoyed this life growing inside of me so much. But I know the pure excitement of meeting her face to face will overshadow this sadness. I think the sadness may stem from me not worrying about my weight or being overly obsessed (I've never been one to obsess-but what girl doesn't worry about this topic? Obsess=an exaggeration to get my point across) about how I look all the time-but feeling pretty in my own skin and embracing the beauty of pregnancy.
OR...
Perhaps it comes from knowing that I won't able to have her with me ALL the time anymore-no longer able to protect her from the "outer world"!
OR...
Maybe it is because I won't be able to feel her every wiggle; her every hiccup; her every turn.

The tradeoff of not being able to experience these any longer? Actually getting to cuddle her in my arms, kiss her face, and see her beautiful little self.

I have been blessed with a great pregnancy so far and am very thankful for it. I find myself wondering what my next pregnancy experience will be like. Already!? Yes, already. I think I was made to do this :) I'm sure these daydreams of being pregnant for forever will come to an end as my due date comes closer...and as I have a screaming baby in my arms that I can't seem to soothe (which I'm sure will happen at least once right? :)...). Especially with the growing anticipation of our little one's arrival. It's the "Will it be today? Or in 3 weeks?" stage now. And I can see how this can drive a woman crazy. The unexpected, the unplanned, and the not knowing if I will have 1 day or 3 weeks to clean my house before she comes. However I am finding this to be just as much a part of the joy of pregnancy as everything else. The unknown-and having faith in God that everything will happen when it is the right time.

I'm usually a VERY impatient person, but lately I have learned to "go with the flow" and enjoy what I have at the moment. (then again...ask me how patient I am if I am past my due date...I'm sure my impatient self will have flared up a little).

2o more days (if all goes as planned- HAH).
Could be 1 more, could be 25.
I will try to enjoy the remaining days I have left enjoying this pregnancy and preparing for her arrival. Saying farewell to one chapter and moving on to another. She will come when she is ready-and there is nothing else I can do but wait.
(or walk, eat spicy food and bounce on my exercise ball according to some people)



**************************************************************************

I love you Charleigh. Your Daddy and I can't wait to meet you!
Whenever you decide to show up we will be waiting with open arms.
Our hearts are already overflowing with love for you-I can't even begin to imagine how much that love will grow when we hold you in our arms.

-xoxo,
your mommy

2 comments:

  1. ummm she will not be here before she hears my voice... Charleigh and I made a deal:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you've decided to enjoy pregnancy up to the last moment. With out fail every night I wake up and think I have my baby in my arms...I've asked Chris a few times where my baby is (who is sleeping in the next room) because I know I had him in my arms. Hormones are crazy, but all this to say I understand the feeling of being used to having your baby all the time, it's been a struggle letting other people hold him.
    Anyways...enjoy this time...but I won't blame you if you're done with being pregnant soon...I know I was and this point!

    ReplyDelete