Thursday, June 2, 2011

My Husband

I am so very proud of him. This was supposed to be posted about a month ago-but time has yet again run away from me. On Saturday May 7th my husband graduated from college! He had actually finished in December-but the ceremony for him to walk wasn't until May. He looked so handsome in his robe and hat. (Ok...maybe not so handsome with the hat on..) When I saw him walk out with all his fellow classmates I started to tear up. I'm sure the pregnancy hormones were NOT helping at this moment. I saw all the work and effort he had put into the past year with school. I have never met anyone who honestly despises school work more than my husband-which makes me that much more proud of him and what he has accomplished. There were times where I think he wanted to lock me up in a closet for pushing him to not give up and to do his best :) But it was all out of love-and I have grown to respect this man so much in the time we have been together.


Jon is such a hard worker-and will finish whatever he starts, even if it is the last thing he wants to do! I am excited to see what God has in store for him in the future. Anyone would be lucky to have him as part of their work team. I see how deflated he gets from applying to so many jobs and not hearing back from most of them at all or getting those "thanks, but no thanks" letters from others-but I know there is such a special place for him! I have to remember that God's timing isn't always our timing :) That's a tough one to grasp sometimes-and I just have to keep encouraging Jon (and myself) to have faith and believe in what God is doing. He obviously has His perfect timing-and we are especially seeing this with our little girl on the way. What a wonderfully awesome God we serve-and I wouldn't want our lives in the hands of anyone else but Him.

So, Jon, my love- I am so very proud of you. (And I know your daughter will be too-she was kicking through the whole ceremony-I think she was cheering you on). I knew you could do it (even if you didn't think the same at times). I am excited for what God has in store for you and our lives to come. Congratulations! You definitely earned it.


1 comment:

  1. Jen - This is so sweet! You love your husband well, and it is a beautiful thing!

    So proud of Jon for hanging in there in spite of his hatred of the school thing!

    ReplyDelete