Monday, September 26, 2011

All Moved In....almost.

Well....we made it!  We are now part of the Central Coast Population :)  And of course...the week we move over it is as gloomy as can be!  I thought this was supposed to be the nicest time for coast weather!?  The first day I was home alone it was overcast ALL day long.  I went from sunny 90+ to foggy, cold 60 degree weather.  I didn't think I could handle another day of that...but thankfully the next afternoon the sun poked its little self (...or HUGE self) out and shone it's bright rays of lovely goodness on us.  YIPPEE!  I was very excited about that....eventhough I didn't get to enjoy the direct rays-I was still happy to have them shining into our little house.  This new place still doesn't feel like home to me...that might have something to do with the 

{Interruption #1...our friend Micah arrived to stay with us for the weekend! A welcomed interruption, but I lost my train of thought! ha.  I'll have to see if I can get it going again..}

This new place still doesn't feel like home to me...that may have something to do with the fact that there are a million things to do...unpack everything, get organized, and find space for all of our stuff!  I definitely took for granted the amount of storage we had at our home in Visalia.  Here we only have one closet in the master bedroom...that's it.  Nothing else.  No cabinets for blankets, towels, baby clothes, baby STUFF (all you mommys out there know what I'm talking about...there's a lot of "stuff" that you acquire with a baby!).  So we have had to consolidate BIG TIME.  We do have a garage that we can store all of the things we don't use daily...but this has been difficult for me.  Just as difficult as getting rid of many wardrobe items :)  The thought of...."but I MAY wear this soon"...or..."what if we DO get invited to a 70's themed party, then I could totally wear this! If I get rid of it now then I will probably need it soon!" HA! I've realized just to get rid of it...and if by some random chance I DO get invited to that "70's themed party" I can always go out and purchase something else.  My husband is amazed at my thought process sometimes.  He just doesn't understand my need to hold onto 

{Interruption #2-Baby crying...I may never get through this post!}

He just doesn't understand my need to hold onto the things I MAY need :)  But he has also helped me become less of a "pack rat".  Although I won't let him touch my clothes without me standing watch!  If it were up to him all I would own is a shirt, a pair of pants, some socks and a sweater. Ha.  No thank you :) 

Well, I know it may take some time for this place to feel like a home.  I am trying my hardest to make the best out of the situation.  I am so very thankful 

{Interruption #3- Baby awake!}

I am so very thankful that I have my wonderful husband and daughter with me.  And that I get to stay home with Charleigh...and that Jon has a job!  Thankful for all of those things.  Yes, I am sad to have left home...but who knows what the future holds.  We may be back there soon! Or God may have other plans for this little family.  Whatever it is, I pray that I will be able to hear His voice and follow the path that He has for us!

{It may have taken me 3 days to finish this...but I did it! :) Sorry if my thoughts are a little jumbled...that happens when you get interrupted from your thoughts and then come back hours, or even days, later!  I will try to time my next post a little better.}

Charleigh's first time to the beach!




1 comment:

  1. Jen, I'm praying that this transition goes smoothly for you! It's such a big change with so many things going on at once. It's encouraging to me though because I know within the next year I'll probably be doing the same thing once Gregory graduates, and it's kind of a scary thought! I'll need your wisdom.

    ReplyDelete