My mom and dad came to visit this past weekend. We had so much fun! Charleigh LOVES her Gramma & Pop Pop! They arrived Saturday morning. Jon has been working on our backyard (laying stone for a patio & putting seed in for grass), so after he finished up with that we all headed off the the beach for lunch and play time! Charleigh, again, loved being at the beach! The only downside was that she kept shoveling, again, handfuls of sand into her mouth!! It was worse than last time (I didn't know that was possible!) Ay yai yai that child of mine! ICK! Once she is down by the water she is less tempted by the sand-so that's where she was most of the time. My mom and dad watched her crawl around and enjoy the water. My dad stepped on a nail a couple days prior to coming, so we was a little uncomfortable the whole trip-but he was a good sport. Wouldn't even know he was in the pain he was! Crazy Pop Pop! To help dry Charleigh off before we headed out Jon and I took her on a walk down the beach. We decided that everytime she/we came to play at the beach we would pick a small rock and put it in a mason jar. That way when she is older she will have these to do whatever she wants with :) We'll see how it works!
Anywho...we should get to reason behind the title of this post "Night Walk". My mom and I decided to go on a little night walk Saturday. It was the Super Moon that night, and very bright out! I took a couple of pictures. Some are slightly blurry-but I kinda like the look of it! We saw an owl on a power line right in front of the moon. I told my mom I wanted to go back and get my camera to take a good picture of it-but when we came back it had moved, and was perched on the power line pole. Not as great of a picture, but still cool looking. As I was snapping away the owl ruffled its feathers and swooped down toward me....I thought I was going to be owl dinner. I turned around and ran while screaming "moooooooommmm!" (she was watching me from a distance) All while flailing my arms to hopefully get the owl to NOT land on me! I haven't ran that fast since 6th grade when I did the 100 meter dash! Seriously...I thought I was going to have an owl attached to my back when I reached where my mom was standing, no joke. I went to Scicon, I know how big those talons are! I was scared! No telling what ACTUALLY happened, or how low the owl ACTUALLY came to landing on me (because to me it was REALLY REALLY close)...but it was dark and when the owl swooped low it disappeared into the horizon before I turned my back and ran! We saw it in a nearby tree after this incident...but I didn't dare try to attempt another picture. I was out of breath and my adrenaline was flowing...crazy bird! :)





Lol..my favorite part was "I went to Scicon, I know how big those talons are!" tee hee.
ReplyDeletehaha thanks Megan! But it's so true, right? :)
Deleteyou failed to mention that you weren't just running but crouching down and running hahahaha I can just imagine those knobby knees.
ReplyDelete