Sunday, October 28, 2012

The Pumpkin Patch


Last weekend Jon, Charleigh and I ventured to the Avila Valley Barn.  Probably not the best time to find yourself there....with the masses upon masses of people (most of which are little kids running around hyped up on sugar!) :)  But we went anyway....I knew Charleigh would love seeing the animals.  She has been sick for a couple weeks now...went from a really bad cold to a deep chest cough.  Poor little girl :( She still finds time to be as feisty as ever though...so that's how I know she is doing ok!  Here are some pictures of last weekends trip.






Char Char had so much fun at the barn, that when we heard Gramma was coming to visit we decided to go again!  This time we went a little earlier in the morning to try and beat the crowds.  However, I noticed when we got there that a certain mommy (me) had forgotten to put shoes on her daughter!  A BIG OOPS!  Daddy was so nice to go back and get them :) :) So for a little while Gramma and Mommy tried our best to distract this little cutie.  The chairs were our first stop.



Then Gramma got Charleigh a bag of "goat food" to feed all the animals.  



However, Charleigh decided that this must be some tasty stuff if all these animals wanted it so bad!


So she would sit in front of them and (try) to eat it.  I would dive in and (try) to stop her, and say "ICK!"
She eventually gave up trying to eat it, and went back to feeding the animals.  But those poor animals had to work for their food from this little girl!  She had a death grip on every piece of lettuce and didn't want to let go.


Next was the pumpkins, which didn't interest her for long.
(but notice, she has shoes!...thanks Daddy!)


Family picture :)


Daddy taming the wild beast!


Char Char....you really need to learn what things are "appropriate" for eating. 
This whole, uncooked, raw pumpkin? Probably not on that list.


I love this little nugget!





No comments:

Post a Comment