Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Paige Ellen

I can't believe I haven't posted about this bundle of joy yet! I feel as if it was just yesterday that Jenna Rae was telling me she was pregnant in my kitchen...time flies!


Isn't she just amazing!? My friend Jenna had her first child, Paige, on June 14, 2010 (only one day past Jonny and I's first anniversary!). Jenna went into labor early Sunday morning, June 13th. Her mom called to inform me that Jenna was having contractions. The first thing I wanted to do was jump in the car and take the 2 1/2 hour car ride over to SLO. But...it being my anniversary and all...I decided not to jump the gun. I remember my sister's birth lasting a while, so I decided to wait until she at least checked into a hospital. I am glad I did this. I got to spend a wonderful day with my hubby-AND it turned out that Jenna's labor was a whopping 42 hours! Yes, you read that correctly..FOURTY TWO hours! Sheesh...

But out of that Jenna Rae now has a BEAUTIFUL baby girl, who could not be more perfect. I am so proud of Jenna and her hubby Matt. They were wonderful during the whole process, and I am so very thankful to have been a part of such a time in there lives.

Jon and I had scheduled a camping trip for the weekend after all this happened (for our anniversary). But guess where we ended up instead? Yep, the coast! I knew Jonny couldn't stay away for long. He had to meet this new arrival! So we zipped on over to the coast and surprised the new mommy and daddy with a visit. I'm so glad we did-we had a wonderful weekend with time to ourselves-and then some time with the Sarr family :) I will never forget watching Jonny hold her for the first time...a huge smile on his face. And when we drove back to where we were staying he looked at me and said...."I love her". :) I knew he would fall in love as soon as he held her, because that is what happened with me.

Congratulations Matt & Jenna on your beautifully and wonderfully made Paige. Jonny and I are so happy for you-and look forward in sharing a lifetime of memories with you two...I guess three now :) I can't wait for our turn to dive into such an adventure, and I know you two will be right there beside us, supporting in every way!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my Jenny.. you're making me all teary eyed!! And it's not just the "new mommy" hormones talking. I love you and thank you for all the support you have always given me. I can't wait for Paige to really get to know you and Jon, and for all our future kids to be little buddies :)

    Seriously, that part about Jon saying "I love her." ..killing me. I need to stop thinking about it because I'm going to become a sobbing mess. Too precious. We have been blessed with wonderful men.

    ReplyDelete