It is time for us to register for our little bundle of joy. However, every time I begin making a list or begin thinking about going into the store and registering I start to freak out and get a little overwhelmed! So I hoped that I could get some input from you Moms out there or Moms to be! :)
I want to know what is one thing (or two....or three) that you absolutely LOVE and/or wouldn't want to be without for your baby. I would really like to hear some of your input on this. It may help me get my booty in gear and feel confident about getting what my baby needs and what I need to be prepared for this mommy business ;)
Thank you!
Thank you!
Oh goodness, only one or two?! Ok, well I am just going to give you a list and you can pick one or two :) sound good!?
ReplyDeleteHere goes: swing, bouncer-with vibration, moby wrap, big sponge mat bath (it's the only thing Ellie would bathe in for a couple of months), Angelcare monitor (a worrying mom's lifesaver), LOTS of sleepers (we went through 5-7 a day between spitups and blowouts), LOTS of burpcloths... I think that'll get your started, I'll let you know if I can think of anything else :)
Believe it or not, I'm having a hard time remembering all the "gotta-have-it" items for a newborn.. but I do know what I can't live without right now!
ReplyDeleteWe love our pack-n-play! We used it for Paige's bassinet (with the attachment) in our room for the first 3 months, now it's for playtime in the living room and sleeping in when we're out of town.
I never, ever, EVER leave the house without my Ergo baby carrier. It's the best for your back, neck, shoulders when baby starts to get bigger, and it's the best for baby's posture. Plus, it's the only thing Paige can fall asleep in when we're out and about and can't lay her down in her crib. Yes they're pricey, but 100% worth the pretty penny. Beg, steal, or borrow. Not kidding.
A diaper bag with lots of pockets. When we're just out to the store or park, I usually throw a diaper or two in my purse with a small pack of wipes. But I always have a fully packed diaper bag in the car, just in case. Pockets are good, otherwise you'll be digging for that tiny paci at the bottom of all those extra clothes, diapers, wipes, burp clothes, toys, your camera... yeah.. pockets are good.
If you can find footsie jammies with zippers instead of buttons, get a million of them. It's no big deal when they're teeny tiny, but once they start rolling over and kicking their feet, snapping all those buttons is just not worth the frustration. Oh, and it is a big deal when they're teeny tiny, because you'll be changing diapers at all hours of the day, so again, zippers = wonderful.
Ok. I'll stop there.
Wait, you definitely need a baby monitor, and some kind of white noise machine/fan/iPod player/ocean outside your window if she ends up being a light sleeper like Paige. (Well, Paige could sleep through a tornado when she was a newborn, but now she wakes up if I blink too loud).
Ok, now I'm done. Don't let the registry overwhelm you. Just take it section by section, and don't hesitate to add big ticket items- they make great group gifts. People are going to buy little girly clothes anyway, so I wouldn't bother putting any on your registry ;)
I CAN'T WAIT TO MEET BABY GIRL FOLEY!!!!
SWING...remember Laney and the swing??? you must get a swing:)
ReplyDeletelots of gowns/sleepers and lots of receiving blankets, lots of diapers, lots of love :)
ReplyDeleteI sent you an email of the things recommended to me by Kirsten Gist. It's a LONG list, but very helpful.
ReplyDeleteAgreeing with Jenna on the zipper sleepers! Target has them in two-packs!
ReplyDeletedon't register for blankets, people get them whether you register for them or not, but if there are a few you really want them. I love my Moby, and I LOVE my Ergo, and the nice part about the Ergo is that you can get the infant insert for the Ergo letting you use it when she's a newborn up to when they're even bigger (best front pack/backpack ever)! Brooklynne loves being swaddled, and I like using the swaddlers rather than blankets to swaddle her because she can still move her feet. Noise makers are wonderful, and for sure about the diaper bag with tons of pockets. boppy, glider, bouncer chair, I wish I had been given a swing, my friend was given one and B loved it the other night. Don't register for clothes, they're really hard to find the exact ones from the registry, and the seasons change. kids DVD's (Disney if you like Disney), family games. That's all I can think of now.
ReplyDelete