Friday, May 4, 2012

Beach Babe


Last Saturday we took Charleigh to the beach.  It was a beautiful day-couldn’t be a more perfect beach day!  The sun was out-but it wasn’t too hot.  There was a nice cool breeze-but not windy making it too cold.  

Awesome.  

It was the first time that we let Charleigh actually play in the sand and water.  I wrangled her into her bathing suit, and slathered sunscreen ALL over.  I think she knew we were going somewhere fun, because she was such a good girl while I dressed her (this is normally a HUGE ordeal, ending up in tears). 

  Jon, Charleigh and I decided to head up to Avila Beach.  We ate lunch (fish & chips, and calamari…YUM!)  Charleigh ate some of the fish and loved it! But really, I haven’t found anything she WON’T eat.  Ha.  Then we headed down to the sand.  I tried to fill her belly up with food so she would be less tempted to put anything in her mouth (or so I hoped!)  This wasn’t as successful as I had thought…As soon as she was in the sand she scooped up a handful of sand and in the mouth it went.  Jon, who isn’t used to seeing this as much as me who is around her all day, just sat there saying “Ew, Charleigh.  Stop.  Stop.  That’s gross.  Ew.  Charleigh, baby, don’t put that in your mouth!”  Haha.  I knew there would be no stopping her.  That she has to eventually learn on her own.  But I thought MAYBE she would realize that sand doesn’t really taste all that yummy and wouldn’t continue to stuff handfuls into her mouth.  Boy was I wrong.  (We tried keeping the paci in too...fail again) So I followed her around, and everytime she ate a mouthful I would go over, she would open her mouth, and I would wipe her tongue off.  J  I don’t think she got as much sand as we thought actually into her mouth….(or that’s what I keep telling myself).  

When we took her down to the water she LOVED it!  If we let her, I think she would’ve crawled all the way in and swam away! ;)  She is definitely a water baby.  Everyone she crawled past commented on how cute and brave she was!  Some parents were trying to get their own kids into the water by pointing to Charleigh, saying “Look, that baby isn’t scared of the water! Go play with her!”  She really loved it, and probably would’ve stayed out there for forever if we let her.  I think the water distracted her as well, so she didn’t have as many “sand in the mouth” incidents.  

My little water baby.  I love it.  

On the ride home she was OUT!  The busy day wore our little nugget out J  
That’s a good sign of a successful beach day!













1 comment:

  1. So cute!!! I love her teeth. I'm sure she is braver than Laney. She will have to convince Laney to play in the water:) Laney already asked me to buy her a "little flag" for the top of the sandcastle she is going to build with Jon jon.

    ReplyDelete