DAY 11
Something old

My mommy is here visiting! YAY! She came early this morning and we took Charleigh to Gopher Glenn-an apple farm in San Luis Obispo. We bought some Pink Ladys (apples that is) and I made a yummy Dutch Apple Pie (how is that different than normal apple pie?...it has a scrumptious crumb topping instead of crust!) So my something old-my mom wouldn't let me take a picture of her...hehe ;) And I had a tough time figuring out what else around here was older than her....juuuust kiiiding :) But then the thought occurred to me. I have always loved my mom's wedding ring. It is very unique and one-of-a-kind. I also love the story behind it. My dad knew exactly what he wanted to give her as an engagement/wedding band-so instead of going and picking out a ring he actually drew this one up, and had the jeweler make an exact copy of his drawing! Pretty romantic huh? Who knew! ;) So this is my something old. Not because my mom is old...but because I have always loved this ring and what it stands for in their relationship-a commitment that they have kept for the past 33 years. Wow.
Awww...how precious!
ReplyDeleteJamie stole the words right outta my mouth. PRECIOUS. So nice of Nancy to let you use her for "something old." Haha! ;)
ReplyDelete